Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday


I have been contemplating keeping a gratitude journal for some time now.  I got the idea from an Oprah show, of course.  And I've been intrigued by this book.  I haven't purchased it yet, but it's on my list.  Meanwhile, I'm going to try my hand at being mindful of simple things I am thankful for this week.


I am thankful for the sunlight kissing my skin in the summertime.  I am thankful for air conditioning.   I am thankful for Pioneer Woman's Iced Coffee.  I am thankful for Annie's laugh.  You can't help but erupt in laughter just by hearing her laugh.  It's infectious and wonderful.  


Of course, I am most thankful for my beautiful family, but I'm trying to be mindful of the simple things, and appreciate things I mostly take for granted.  
Here is a bad picture of  the delicious iced coffee I enjoy everyday.  For an added treat, the girls and I enjoy peppermint pattie (my fave candy) creamer and whipped cream.  


I fill it up 3/4 full with coffee, then add 1% milk to the top, a splash of peppermint patty creamer, and, when I'm feeling decadent, some healthy spray whipped cream. Then I put in two packets of Splenda and stir. Heaven.  












1 comment:

Show me the love!