Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fall in my New Neighborhood

For a while now, I've been making a conscious effort to practice gratitude.  I believe in looking for the good.  I don't always succeed, but I'm trying.  We recently moved, and I absolutely adore our neighborhood.  I love fall - the colors, the crisp air, the feel of a warm coffee cup in my hands, corduroys, boots, scarves, the whole shebang.  I couldn't wait to explore the lake that our house backs up to.  It is riddled with bridges, foliage, picnic benches, a walking path around the entire lake, and lots of interesting nooks and crannies.  This morning, I popped out of bed and my camera and I went on a walk.  The steam was rising off of the lake.  It was so beautiful.  I couldn't help being immensely grateful for my surroundings.  Here are a few of the photos I took.




This is the view from our backyard.  This morning was beautiful - crisp fall air causing steam to rise from the lake.

      A tree canopy

Beautiful leaves

 The ripple of a creature stirring in the lake.
 Beautiful light.
 A pretty bridge surrounded by fall foliage.

That leads into a wooded area.

 Another pretty bridge.  I picture families here getting photos taken.

So picturesque.

 The splendor of fall.
 A shaded nook full of plants, stones, a bridge and even a bench to sit and enjoy nature.




Go out and enjoy the beauty around you this week.  Be present.  Be grateful.

1 comment:

Show me the love!